Thursday, February 3, 2011

Party Party Party

I know that many frugal people think that just purchasing the cheapest thing is the way to go, I don't think this true at all.  I do also know that buying the more expensive items the first time can be a strain on the budget but I have found my way around it, at least for certain items.  Mostly Home party items

Example #1 Tupperware.  Yes I bye the less expensive stuff to take on picnics and for my hubby to take to work but Tupperware some unique items as well.  OK this where you say Tupperware is expensive and I can bye 2 things of the cheap stuff for the price of 1 Tupperware.  True! But Tupperware is 100% guaranteed for life so you will never have to buy it again. Also if they no longer make that item they will give you the next closest thing...which tends to be newer and better.

Example #2 is Mary Kay  I find that their products are superior to cover girl and last longer.  Yes more expensive, but if you order something and you are not happy you can return it, not something Walmart will let you do.  I returned some mascara just last fall and they sent me a new one.

OK so in the long run there are savings, but how do find the money to buy the more expensive stuff?  Easy Have a Party!  Hostesses get great bargains.  Often free items, major discounts, and future coupons. I got $75 worth of Mary Kay last year for $15.  And No hosting the Party didn't eat the difference.  I had it on Saturday afternoon, made a few small snacks and some fruit punch.  It cost me maybe $10. And it gives a stay at home Mom a chance to have some adult time.  This works for Tupperware, Mischa Bags, anything that is sold at Home parties.

I do have one bit of advice and that is to NOT overdue it.  Please don't become the person that has a party every weekend, your friends will stop coming. I have 1 Mary Kay party a year, this year I will have a Tupperware party, and possible a Wildtree party.  Just 2 or 3 is enough, you don't want your friends to feel like they HAVE to spend money either.

I hope that everyone takes advantage of this little tip and has a party it's fun!

No comments:

Post a Comment