Tuesday, June 16, 2009

today is grocery store ad day

I thought today would be a fitting day to start this as today is the day I get my weekly ad for the local grocery store. I live in a very rural are and do not have the luxury of multiple stores for comparing prices and no large chains either. we have a Piggly Wiggly in town and Wal-mart is about 20 miles, and sams Club is about 55 miles, so these are my only real options for grocery shopping.

The one thing I can not stress enough is if your local store has any kind of a rewards card SIGN UP!!! Our Piggly Wiggly has a savings card that helps you get discounts and they are currently running a promotion with one of our gas stations where you buy certain items and you get money off per gallon of gas. It is like free money, I can buy certain items through out the store save anywhere from 1 to 20 cents off per gallon of gas. They can be used whenever so you can save them up. The only thing is that it is for up to 15 gallons at a time and if you only put in 10 gallons your points go back to Zero so watch the fine print.

My other Big thing is coupons. I love them and then use them as often as possible, now unfortunately our store won't double, but you can use coupons with their in store promotions so you can save a lot if you pay attention.

I would also like to make sure that people know with grocery stores and savings cards there may be more on sale than what is in the flier so make sure you take the time to look around while you shop. Another thing to really watch for is clearance or special pricing deals like 5 for 5 or 10 for 10 type deals. Also if you find something that is supposed to be on sale and the store runs out ask for a rain check most of the time you will get one unless they are 2 day sales those are normally first come first serve.

So today I get the flier and I go through it and will circle all the things that I need that are on sale this week. My big thing is meat, I only buy meat when it is on sale and I stock up on it when it is.

OK I'm off to see what I need. Happy shopping for now.

No comments:

Post a Comment