Tuesday, June 23, 2009

$20 at the store

So this morning I am heading to the grocery store with $20 in my pocket and here is a list of what I need.



1. A gallon of Milk

2. 2 frozen juice concentrates

3. A bag of Potatoes

4. 1 lb of fully cooked shrimp

5. 1 bag of apples

6. 1 bag of grapes

7. 3 Pears

8. Small loaf of Italian bread

I do have a coupon for the Milk and potatoes. The milk is on special (take advantage of those moments) so a gallon of milk is going to cost me $0.99 and 5lbs of potatoes for $.069 with the in store coupon and a $10 purchase. I am hoping I can get it all for $15 so I can buy My son a treat if he is good in the store.

OK so I'm back from the store $19.64 spent

Every thing I bought except for the fruit was on sale.

The Milk that I had coupon was out of stock they substituted it with a different brand, I still got the sale price of $1.99 but didn't get the $1 off. I did get the potatoes for $0.69 though. I also found frozen juice concentrate on sale for $0.99 instead of $1.45 so I bought 6 instead of 2 I also found an in store coupon for $2 off the shrimp. I also ended up with 2 bananas because my son asked for them. And I spent $1 to buy my son a bottle of Hog Wash juice as a special (way too sugary) treat. I also found the reduce bakery cart and got a Large loaf of French Bread for $0.99 instead of a small loaf of Italian for $2.99 I was planning to use it as a side with some steak rolls so it won't matter much. and I can take the left overs and make bread crumbs with it for a later date.

It did average at $1.40 and item which doesn't sound great but considering I had a bag of Shrimp and a gallon of milk which are higher ticket items it didn't seem too bad.

My total saving with coupons and the store savings card was $7.52 and that doesn't count the reduced bakery item because they just ring those in at the price listed. The price on the package said $1.99 and I got it for $0.99 so that was another $1 bringing my total saving to $8.52 which is 43% of what I spent.

No comments:

Post a Comment